Limited Spots Available For Softball’s Thanksgiving Camp
GREENVILLE, N.C. Nov. 19, 2012 – Registration remains open for the 2012 East Carolina Thanksgiving Softball Camp, head softball coach Beth Keylon-Randolph announced on Monday afternoon. The ECU softball staff will host the one-day camp on Sunday, Nov. 25, at ECU Softball Stadium.
The camp is for all girls that are in eighth grade and above. The camp is split into two sessions.
The first session of the one-day camp is the hitting and defensive portion and is scheduled to go from 9 a.m. to noon at a cost of $75. Each camper will receive instruction and practice the basics of the Beth Keylon-Randolph Hitting System. The attendees will also receive instruction and practice the foundational skills of individual and position defense.
The second session of the day is the pitching and catching camp and is scheduled from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at a cost of $75. Each camper will receive instruction and practice advance skills of the Beth Keylon-Randolph Pitching System. Other areas that will be taught and practiced are the foundational skills of the throwing the fastball, rise ball and changeup. Attendees in the second session will also receive instruction and practice foundational skills at the catching position.
All campers are instructed to bring
- Glove, cleats, bat, batting helmet and warm clothes
- Pitchers must bring a personal catcher
- Catchers need to bring catching equipment (mitt, mask, chest protector and shin guards)
1. Pre-register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information
- Your name, home address, city, state, zip code
- Your email, parents/guardian names
- Your age
- The positions that you play
- Session that you are registering for
2. Prior to the start of camp you will be required to
- Sign a Medical and Treatment Form
- Sign a General Release Form
- Pay for camp or camps… Make check payable to East Carolina University Softball Camps
3. Please arrive at camp 30 minutes prior to start time
4. Participants in both camps must provide their own lunch