Game time set for 9:30 p.m. ET
PUERTO VALLARTA, Mexico Nov. 25, 2012 – The South Carolina men’s basketball team (4-1) will play Arkansas Little-Rock (4-2) on Sunday night in the final contest of the Hoops For Hope Classic from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Game time is set for 9:30 p.m. ET. Below are game notes and details.
Date: Sunday, Nov. 25, 2012
Tipoff: 9:30 p.m. ET
Location: Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Arena: Puerto Vallarta International Convention Center
Series: First Meeting
Last Meeting: N/A
Radio: Gamecock IMG Radio Network (107.5 FM in Columbia)
Sirius: None; XM: None
Talent: Andy Demetra (pxp), Casey Manning (analyst)
@GamecockMBB | Live Stats | Game Notes
South Carolina concludes play in the Hoops For Hope Classic in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, today with a 9:30 p.m. ET, matchup vs. Arkansas Little-Rock at the Puerto Vallarta Convention Center. The Gamecocks posted a 74-67 overtime victory vs. Missouri State on Saturday to advance to tonight’s game, while UALR earned a 69-56 win vs. SMU to advance. The game is not televised, but fans can listen on GamecocksOnline.com, and also on 107.5 The Game.
Carolina Quick Hits
- South Carolina is in its 105th season of basketball.
- The Gamecocks are led by first-year head coach Frank Martin. His associate head coach is Brad Underwood and his assistant coaches are Matt Figger and Lamont Evans. Andy Assaley is the director of basketball operations.
- The Gamecocks posted a 74-67 overtime victory vs. Missouri State in their first contest in Mexico on Saturday. In his first contest back after missing three games due to a concussion, freshman forward Michael Carrera hit a 3 as time expired in regulation to send the contest into overtime.
- Senior guard LaShay Page posted his second 20-point game of the season vs. the Bears, leading the Gamecocks with 22 points, including scoring seven in overtime, all from the free throw line.
- Junior guard Brian Richardson scored 14 points vs. MSU, including four 3s, just one shy of matching his career high. Richardson played a career-high 38 minutes in the contest.
- Junior guard Eric Smith dished a season-best six assists vs. Missouri State. He now paces the Gamecocks with 2.8 per game this season.
- Senior forward Lakeem Jackson posted the second double-double of his career vs. Elon with 14 points and 10 rebounds, both team highs in the game.
- Carrera, the Nov. 12 SEC Freshman of the Week, did not play vs. Morgan State, Rider or Elon due to a concussion suffered in practice on Wednesday, Nov. 14.
- South Carolina’s 78.4 percent from the free throw line leads the SEC. The Gamecocks hit 22-of-28 attempts vs. Missouri State, including 10-of-12 in overtime.
- In two overtime games this season, Carolina has hit an impressive 22-of-24 (91.7%) attempts from the free throw line during OT.
- Senior forward Lakeem Jackson ranks third in the SEC in field goal percentage with a mark of 66.7 (26-39).
- The Gamecocks are a stellar 34-of-40 (85.0%) from the free throw line this season with under five minutes remaining in games (including overtime).