- NC State is seeking to extend its overall winning streak to five games and its home winning streak to seven contests dating back to last season’s Feb. 29 win over Miami (77-73).
- This is the third meeting between NC State and St. Bonaventure.
- Saturday’s game is the final game before the week-long break for the Christmas holiday.
- NC State’s .530 field goal percentage leads the nation.
- Senior Scott Wood’s 254 3-pointers lead all active ACC players. That mark is second all-time at NC State (Rodney Monroe – 322, 1987-91).
- Freshman T.J. Warren’s .691 field goal percentage ranks third nationally.
St. Bonaventure (7-3)
Head coach: Mark Schmidt
(6th season, 81-83/163-173)
NC State (8-2)
Head coach: Mark Gottfried
(2nd season, 32-15/310-170)
Raleigh, NC Dec. 21, 2012 – Wolfpack fans are looking for early Christmas cheer as NC State welcomes the St. Bonaventure Bonnies to the PNC Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina this Saturday afternoon at 3:00 pm. This will be the last men’s basketball game for the Pack prior to the holiday break.
This will be the third meeting between NC State and St. Bonaventure. The series tied 1-1 after C.J. Leslie’s acrobatic layup with 0.6 left gave the Wolfpack a 67-65 victory over the Bonnies on the road at the Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, N.Y., last season.
C.J. Williams, a former high school quarterback, inbounded the ball from the St. Bonaventure end line. Williams’ pass traveled the length of the court and into Leslie’s hands to the left of the Pack’s basket.
He then spun, flipped the ball up and over a defender. The ball danced around the rim before falling through for the winning basket.
Scott Wood scored a season-high 20 points to lead the Wolfpack and Leslie had 12.
The only other meeting between the two programs occurred in the first round of the 1970 NCAA Tournament with St. Bonaventure coming away with an 80-68 victory.