Watch Videos, View Photos and Vote for Your Favorite of the 10 Finalists at: Facebook.com/BestofCollegeBasketball
CHICAGO - College of Charleston has been nominated for “Best Road Trip Destination in College Basketball presented by Enterprise Rent-A-Car”, Intersport announced on Wednesday.
Voting for the 10 finalists is now open with the winner to be completely fan-determined through Facebook voting at: Facebook.com/BestofCollegeBasketball. Fans can vote once per day until January 25.The winning school will be featured in GEICO Best of College Basketball on Saturday, April 6 on CBS.
The 10 finalists were chosen based on a wide range of categories including in-game atmosphere, history of the program, pre- and post-game events, scenery and attractions of the town and many more. Fans can visit the Facebook page to view videos and photo albums showcasing why each school is a perfect college basketball road trip destination.
The College of Charleston (S.C.) boasts one of the best college game-day atmospheres among NCAA Division I mid-major basketball programs having compiled a 394-58 (.872) home-court winning percentage to date. Known as “Giant Killers,” the Cougars opened their new basketball venue, TD Arena, in 2008 and the court is named after legendary head coach John Kresse who compiled 560 career victories and led the program to its four NCAA Tournament and three NIT appearances. Located in the heart of historic, downtown Charleston, the College is located near the King Street shopping district which is home to some of the top restaurants and shopping in the Southeast region. Charleston was also ranked the No. 1 U.S. Destination and No. 1 City in the World by Condé Nast Traveler Magazine in 2012 and the CofC campus is within 12 miles of the Atlantic Ocean and some of the most picturesque beaches in the U.S. including Isle of Palms, Folly Beach, Sullivan’s Island and Kiawah Island.
The other nine finalists are:
- Brigham Young University – Provo, Utah
- With flowers in spring and beautiful snow-capped mountains in winter, Provo is a majestic backdrop, but it’s the “Roar of the Cougars” student section that makes game-day so unique.
- Creighton University – Omaha, Neb.
- Creighton is college basketball at its best – fantastic fans, wonderful venue, and a top-ranked team. McDermott fever has captured Bluejay Nation and Omaha – the heart of the Midwest.
- Harding University – Searcy, Ark.
- The Bison’s Rhodes Field House is one of the most unique arenas in college sports. A converted World War II airplane hangar, it’s now one of the premier arenas in Division-II and hosts the famous Rhodes Rowdies.
- Indiana University – Bloomington, Ind.
- Steeped in basketball history, Indiana’s Assembly Hall is regarded as one of the most prestigious arenas in college basketball.
- University of Arizona – Tucson, Ariz.
- Season tickets to the McKale Center have sold out for 25 consecutive years, which helps provide one of the finest game-day atmospheres in college basketball. Plus, the cool Tucson nights, cultural events at the UA Centennial Hall or historic Fox Theater, youthful hotspots on 4th Street and unparalleled sunsets ensure something for everyone.
- University of Memphis – Memphis, Tenn.
- Memphis is well known for its incredible food and vibrant music scene; it’s also filled with college basketball super-fans who love their Tigers.
- West Virginia University – Morgantown, W.V.
- Morgantown, West Virginia is home to people as rock solid as the mountains for which the state is known. And the signing of John Denver’s “Country Roads” after a big provides the perfect ending to game-day at the Coliseum.
- Wichita State University – Wichita, Kan.
- Wichita, the Air Capital of the World, has something for everyone as well as an incredible game-day experience. Plus, being an urban college, the tradition of WSU is not just limited to campus, but spreads throughout the entire city.
- Xavier University – Cincinnati, Ohio
- Xavier is one of the toughest places to play in college basketball. Its home arena, the Cintas Center, averages more than 10,000 fans a game – nearly a packed-house. Cincinnati also offers famous Skyline Chili and impressive nightlife in Mt. Adams, The Banks and Fountain Square.
Vote and find out more about the finalists at: Facebook.com/BestofCollegeBasketball or Facebook.com/EnterpriseRentACar.
About Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Founded in 1957 and known for an extensive network of home-city and airport locations, everyday low rates and outstanding customer service, Enterprise Rent-A-Car is an internationally recognized brand that has been named to BusinessWeek magazine’s annual list of “Customer Service Champs” in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010. In addition, Enterprise won Budget Travel magazine’s 2010 and 2011 Readers’ Choice Award as their favorite rental car brand for customer service around the globe. With more than 5,500 offices located within 15 miles of 90 percent of the U.S. population, Enterprise operates more than twice as many locations as its nearest U.S. competitor and continues to lead the home-city market. Enterprise Rent-A-Car operates not only as a key provider for insurance replacement, weekend getaways and special occasions, but also as a local transportation alternative.
Since 1985, Intersport has been an award-winning innovator and leader in the creation of sports and entertainment based marketing platforms. Intersport provides turnkey solutions for global brands by combining two award-winning divisions: Sponsorship & Event Marketing and Television & Digital Media. To learn more about Intersport, log on to www.intersportnet.com, like us on Facebook (Facebook.com/IntersportBuzz) or follow us on Twitter (@IntersportBuzz).