TAKE THE PLUNGE TO BENEFIT SPECIAL OLYMPICS!
9th ANNUAL POLAR PLUNGE
Saturday, February 23, 2013
Carolina Beach Boardwalk
(adjacent to Courtyard by Marriott)
Carolina Beach, NC – Join us as we take a chilly plunge in the Atlantic Ocean to benefit Special Olympics. It is an opportunity for the adventurous and the not so adventurous to have a great time and to support the New Hanover County Special Olympics program.
You can plunge as an individual, with a team or even plunge with your dog!
You can plunge as an individual or as a member of a team.
Proceeds go directly to benefit New Hanover County athletes, providing them with year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
Polar Plunge Schedule of Events
- · 9 a.m. 5K Registration/Packet Pickup
- · 10 a.m. Run-N-Plunge 5K
- · 11a.m.: Gates open Enjoy live music, a silent auction, costume contest, DJ, food, friends, art and more.
- · 11:20 a.m. 5K Awards Under Main Tent
- · 11a.m. – 2 p.m. Silent auction
- · 1:30 p.m.: Costume contest
- · 3:00 Line up for the PLUNGE
- o AREA 1 SPECIAL Olympian’s & Plungers Under 15
- o AREA 2 Plungers 15 and older
- o AREA 3 Plungers & Pooches
- · 3:05 p.m.: All Plunge
For details on the Polar Plunge visit: www.plungenhc.com or call 341-7253.
Follow us on Facebook