Several Unique Experiences & Sports Memorabilia Up for Bid
CHARLESTON, SC Jan. 24, 2013 – The Charleston RiverDogs 9th Annual Hot Stove Banquet on February 1 featuring Hall of Famer Wade Boggs is right around the corner. The banquet, presented by Tom McQueeney State Farm Insurance and Bennett Hospitality, highlights both a live and silent auction with proceeds benefitting the MUSC Storm Eye Institute and the baseball programs at The Citadel, College of Charleston and Charleston Southern.
The event will be held at 6 pm at the Marriott on Lockwood Blvd., and here are several items that will be up for bid in the live auction
- Wild Dunes Package:
- One-night stay in a Run of the House Condominium at Wild Dunes Resort;
- Breakfast for four (4) at the Sea Island Grill;
- Golf for four (4) at the Harbor Course;
- Four-course dinner for two (includes wine pairings) at 17 North Roadside Kitchen
- MINI Cooper Package:
- Enjoy the use of a convertible MINI Cooper for a weekend;
- Two- Night stay at TIDES on Folly Beach;
- $50 gift card to Blu Restaurant;
- Paddle Boarding Safari Tour provided by SUP Safaris
- Lowcountry Valentine’s Escape Package
- One-night stay at the Francis Marion Hotel;
- Two front orchestra seats for the Charleston Symphony;
- Dinner at the Charleston Grill;
- Bottle of Wine.
- Sweetheart Deal Package
- One-night stay at Church Street Inn;
- Carriage tour;
- Ghost tour;
- Dinner for two;
- Bottle of wine
- Edisto Beach House
- Enjoy one week in a beautiful Edisto Beach house;
- House sleeps 16, screened-in porch, sun deck, outside shower.
- Executive Chef Matthew Niessner
- Dinner for eight (8) guests in your home prepared by Matthew Niessner, Executive Chef of Hall’s Chophouse;
- Music played by solo guitarist David Archer.
- New York Trip
- Two (2) Legends Club tickets at Yankee Stadium;
- Two (2) VIP tickets to watch a live taping of the “Colbert Report”
- Broadway show
- Northern California Vacation Package
- Two (2)-night stay at the Ledson Hotel in Sonoma;
- Private wine tasting for two (2) at the Ledson Winery & Vineyards
- Two (2)-night stay at the Resort at Squaw Creek in Lake Tahoe;
- Two (2) tickets for a San Francisco Giants home game at AT&T.
Here are several items that will be up for bid on the silent auction:
- Many autographed sports memorabilia items including a Wade Boggs autographed jersey, Chipper Jones autographed baseball, Bill Murray autographed baseball, and more;
- Four (4) 30-minute pitching lessons with Jeff Ridgway (Former Atlanta Braves pitcher and currently with the Washington Nationals organization);
- A week stay in the Sky High Mountain Home overlooking scenic Sapphire Valley, NC;
- Several golf packages;
- And much, much more.
The reception begins at 6 pm with the autograph & photo session sponsored by The Vault on King Street, and then dinner starting at 7 o’clock. Tickets are $65 per person, or tables with preferred seating for ten (10) individuals are available for $650. All tickets include dinner and non-alcoholic beverages. The adult beverage station is presented by Miller Lite, a longtime favorite of Boggs.
Before the Hot Stove Banquet, there will also be a private Meet & Greet sponsored by Kickin’ Chicken. Those interested in the Meet & Greet may bid on the opportunity online at www.riverdogs.com.
Boggs spent his 18-year baseball career primarily with the Boston Red Sox (1982-92), but also played for the New York Yankees (1993-97), with whom he won his only World Series, and Tampa Bay Devil Rays (1998-99), with whom he recorded his 3,000th career hit. His hitting in the 1980s and ‘90s made him a perennial contender for American League batting titles. Boggs was elected to the Red Sox Hall of Fame in 2004 and the Baseball Hall of Fame in 2005.
For individual tickets and additional information, please contact the RiverDogs at (843) 577-DOGS (3647). Tickets may also be purchased at www.riverdogs.com.