Charlotte, NC Feb. 15, 2013 – Fans gearing up for the greatest spectacle in drag racing have more to look forward to than ever before when the NHRA and the fastest-accelerating machines on the planet return to the Bellagio of drag strips April 19-21.
A familiar name at Charlotte Motor Speedway has extended its partnership with the legendary facility to become the title sponsor of the fourth annual Dollar General NHRA Four-Wide Nationals fueled by Full Throttle. Dollar General, which also serves as title sponsor of the NASCAR Nationwide Series Dollar General 300 in October, signed on for the nitro-fueled event that includes action-packed racing from the NHRA’s top categories, Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle.
“We couldn’t ask for a better partner than Dollar General to get behind one of the most popular and absolutely the most unique events on the NHRA circuit,” said Christian Byrd, general manager of zMAX Dragway. “By extending the partnership Dollar General already has with Charlotte Motor Speedway, we are adding a strong retail presence that will help grow the sport of drag racing even more across the southeast.”
But a new sponsor isn’t all fans will see for the first time at this year’s four-wide spectacular. In addition to the return of Pro Stock Motorcycles – racing four-wide for the first time since 2009 – and fan-favorites like four-wide jet car exhibitions on Friday and Saturday nights, new additions to the weekend include:
• A Sunday hot rod cruise-in with Charlotte-area car clubs showing off their best classics, customs and street rods;
• A giant video board set up near the starting line to provide replays and other messaging;
• An oversized ladder board to help fans keep track of the brackets during elimination rounds;
• A smartphone app that will allow fans to pick the winners of each round of competition and accumulate points that can be redeemed for prizes;
• Blue light specials at concession stands throughout the facility with menu items like a hot dog, popcorn, fries and a sweet tea for just $1 each before 11 a.m. daily;
• Free wireless internet for campers staying in Tom Johnson Camping Center;
“Our new amenities and additions to an already fan-friendly event are in response to suggestions from our Fan Council and other past customers. It’s part of our ongoing effort to make every fan’s race day experience a memorable one at the world’s greatest dragway,” said Byrd.
To purchase tickets and camping to the fourth annual Dollar General NHRA Four-Wide Nationals at zMAX Dragway, April 19-21, visit www.zmaxdragway.com or call 1-800-455-FANS (3267). Fans who buy three East Grandstand tickets to any day will receive a fourth ticket free. Every ticket is a pit pass, so fans can walk through the pits and see their favorite drivers and teams as they prepare to take to the track.
Connect with zMAX Dragway and stay up to speed with all the happenings at the Bellagio of drag strips on Facebook at www.facebook.com/zmaxdragway and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/zmaxdragway.