CHARLESTON, SC August 7, 2014 – College of Charleston President Glenn McConnell today announced the members of a search committee that will make recommendations for the hiring of the College’s next men’s head basketball coach.
The eight-member committee will be chaired by Joe Hull, Director of Athletics. Other members of the committee are:
- Vince Benigni, Faculty Representative to Athletics
- Otto German ’73, Assistant Athletics Director for NCAA Compliance
- Kenneth (Gus) Gustafson ’75, men’s basketball alumnus
- John Kresse, former Men’s Basketball Head Coach
- Monte Lee ’00, Baseball Head Coach
- Steve Osborne ’73, Executive Vice President for Business Affairs
- Tomi Youngblood, President of the Cougar Club Board of Directors
“The individuals on this committee all have dedicated themselves tirelessly to the tradition of athletic excellence at the College of Charleston,” says President McConnell. “I greatly appreciate their willingness to serve in this important capacity, and I look forward to receiving their recommendations.”
Applications and nominations for the position of head coach should be directed to Joe Hull, Director of Athletics, at HullJJ@cofc.edu. The position will remain open until filled.
The interim coach of the team will be Antonio Reynolds-Dean, McConnell announced.